Tomato paste usually comes in a 6 ounce can. Each can contains roughly 6 Tablespoons of Tomato Paste - or about 1/3 cup. But, I almost NEVER see a recipe that calls for more than 2 Tablespoons.
Being the frugal person that I am, I like to put whatever Tomato paste I don't use in a zippered plastic bag, and press it flat, and put it in the freezer.
When I need some, I just break off a piece that seems the right size, and toss it in the pot frozen.
It's a little thing- but it makes me happy not to let it mold at the back of the fridge.
This is being shared on Frugal Tip Tuesday
- Recipe Index
- Home Schooling
- Menu Plans and Bulk Cooking Plans
- Gluten Free Vegan Recipes
- Slow Cooker and Crock Pot recipes
- Freezer Friendly Recipes
- Articles and How To's
- Make Your Own Vegan Mixes
- The Care and Feeding of Omnivores
- Features & Blog Hops
- About this Blog and Copyrights
- Omnivore Foods (Meats, Dairy, Eggs, Poultry, Fish)