Well, I think this will be my last Christmas Cookie post of the season! Our little gift tins are ready to be filled - at least I think I have enough. And, if I keep "testing" new recipes, well, let's just say there's only so much of that one should do in a year!
Years ago, I heard that there are theories that the word "fudge" came from the German word for "oops!" I don't know how accurate that theory is, but it does provide hope that good can come from apparent mistakes. Such was the case today.
I had a few large bowls out of cookie doughs in various degrees of preparedness. I added chopped walnuts to the wrong one - to the plain mix. So, then I had to figure out another cookie with walnut mix!.
This was my serendipitous creation.
Brownie Snowball Cookies
3/4 cup Vegan Cookie Mix
1/4 cup plain Cocoa, sieved*
3 Tablespoons Mild Flavoured Oil (I used Sunflower Oil)
2 Tablespoons Applesauce
Form in balls & place on cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 350degrees Fahrenheit, for 20 minutes (till pretty firm). Allow to cool a couple of minutes, but not too long (just so they don't crumble when you work with them. Roll them in powdered sugar. Sprinkle with more powdered sugar. Relish!
* Cocoa - Not to be confused with hot cocoa mix - which has milk & sugar added, but is also called "cocoa" by the grocers. Cocoa can be lumpy, so ideally it should be run through a mesh sieve to remove lumps before using.
This is being shared on Food on Fridays, Chocolate
Easy, Efficient, and Frugal Vegan and Omnivore Cooking; Homeschooling; Homemaking; and Christian Articles; – from an American Greek Orthodox Christian Housewife.
- Recipe Index
- Home Schooling
- Menu Plans and Bulk Cooking Plans
- Gluten Free Vegan Recipes
- Slow Cooker and Crock Pot recipes
- Freezer Friendly Recipes
- Articles and How To's
- Make Your Own Vegan Mixes
- Dump Dinners - Vegan and Omnivore
- The Care and Feeding of Omnivores
- Features & Blog Hops
- Omnivore Foods (Meats, Dairy, Eggs, Poultry, Fish)
- About this Blog and Copyrights
Search This Blog
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Vegan Brownie Snowball Cookies
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
What a nice wintry treat! ♥ I'm ready for winter, hoping we get a bit of snow tonight!!!ReplyDelete
Every time it snows, my little one says "It's Christmas Day!" - it would be great to have a white Christmas : )ReplyDelete