Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Peas and Artichokes Yachni ( Arakas kai Anginares Yachni, Mpizelia Kai Anginares Yachni )

Here's another delicious and super quick and simple dish to make with that Yachni Sauce!

Peas and Artichokes Yachni
Combine in pot or Slow Cooker
2# of Green Peas
1 bag or can (about 10oz) of Artichoke Heart quarters
6 or 7 cups Yachni Sauce

Cook in slow cooker on high for 2 to 3 hours, or on stove top, simmer till peas begin to loose their bright green color (about 30 minutes)

Serve with Crusty Bread, Dips, Olives, & Salad.

Tip for Dining with Omnivores: This, like the Green Beans & Okra Yachni dishes, is not only a great vegan entree, but also a nice side-dish to go with a meat and potatoes meal.

Notice how much brighter green the peas are before cooking.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!
Please, DO chime in! : )

If you want to share a link to a pertinent and supportive post of your own that directly relates to my post (if, for instance, you also have a great vegan pancake recipe, or a post about Christmas) I don't mind a bit!

I encourage any questions about methods, measurements, or cooking times, and comments about typos, broken links, mistakes, omissions, etc. I also welcome thoughtful questions - even if you disagree with me.

I often take a few days to post your comment, and a few after that to reply. Please don't think I'm ignoring you if my response is slow - I'm just not always connected to technology. (at the current moment, I cannot manage to reply to posts on my blog at all -despite repeated attempts to do so. I DO appreciate your comments, and hopefully this glitch will be fixed soon! )

Delighted to have you here! Post away!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...