Several years ago I came across this great recipe - I think it was in Julie Sahni's Cookbook, but I'm not sure.
This recipe was inspired by that one, but is prepared quite differently.
Chickpeas in Ginger Sauce over Rice
Toss in Slow Cooker
3 cups Yachni Sauce
2 Tablespoons Fresh Minced Ginger
1 Tablespoon Fresh Minced Garlic
1 Tablespoon Ground Coriander Seed
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cardamom (generous)
Black pepper to taste
*Optional Heat of your choice - a little cayenne or a broken dried chili pepper
3 15 oz Cans drained Chickpeas (or equivalent home-cooked)
cook on High 3 to 4 hours (or on low 6-8 hours)
Serve over prepared Rice (preferably Basmati) or with Indian Flatbread (such as Naan or Roti) if you prefer.
Serve with a Nice Salad & Sriracha or Hot Sauce of your choice.
- Recipe Index
- Home Schooling
- Menu Plans and Bulk Cooking Plans
- Gluten Free Vegan Recipes
- Slow Cooker and Crock Pot recipes
- Freezer Friendly Recipes
- Articles and How To's
- Make Your Own Vegan Mixes
- Dump Dinners - Vegan and Omnivore
- The Care and Feeding of Omnivores
- Features & Blog Hops
- Omnivore Foods (Meats, Dairy, Eggs, Poultry, Fish)
- About this Blog and Copyrights